- Use of open hand strikes and blocks
- Introduction of rotational and circular kicks and kicking combinations
- As student is now becoming more proficient in safe falling techniques, they are able to learn and practice the start of the Core Self Defence techniques which will eventually create the backbone of their effective Hapkido self defence.
- Pattern involves short, quick blocks and strikes being applied against realistic attacks emphasising balance and precision
- More advanced pressure points, kicks and leverage principles
- Free sparring more involved and use of more complex combinations of kicks and upper body strikes